Accompanied by my two of my favorite girls (my mom and 4-year-old daughter, Little Miss), I went on a rare trip to the mall. I am not a huge fan of the mall... all the crowds, the display windows that remind me of how out of style I am these days... Don't get me wrong, I love a great new outfit, but the hunt can be gruelling! Well, I'm going to be getting some serious shopping help from Little Miss in just a few short years. In response to a jacket I thought was cute: "Mom, that just looks weird." In response to a *bRIgHt* orange and pink shirt (found by herself, of course): "Mom, THIS is stylish!" I thought to myself, "Already???" I can't imagine life without this sweet girl, though. She can make me laugh more than almost anyone else... even on a rough day! And I'm treasuring these days when she still wants to hold my hand when we walk out of the store. I thank God for her each day and pray that I can be half the mom to her as mine was and IS to me!
~sharing bits of our family, food, friends and FAITH~
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
My Little Helper...
Accompanied by my two of my favorite girls (my mom and 4-year-old daughter, Little Miss), I went on a rare trip to the mall. I am not a huge fan of the mall... all the crowds, the display windows that remind me of how out of style I am these days... Don't get me wrong, I love a great new outfit, but the hunt can be gruelling! Well, I'm going to be getting some serious shopping help from Little Miss in just a few short years. In response to a jacket I thought was cute: "Mom, that just looks weird." In response to a *bRIgHt* orange and pink shirt (found by herself, of course): "Mom, THIS is stylish!" I thought to myself, "Already???" I can't imagine life without this sweet girl, though. She can make me laugh more than almost anyone else... even on a rough day! And I'm treasuring these days when she still wants to hold my hand when we walk out of the store. I thank God for her each day and pray that I can be half the mom to her as mine was and IS to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! You are bloggin' now. I love it, and I'm happy that you, too have a shopping buddy. Miss M' and I have so much fun shopping together...ok, she has more fun than I do (and she is way to honest at times!). I get overwhelmed w/all of the choices, and then I just give up. :)
ReplyDeleteoops...spelled "too" wrong above...should of said way too honest. maybe i should brush up on my grammar. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you Shelby... I get overwhelmed and usually don't end up getting anything! Oh well, the trip is fun!:)
ReplyDelete