Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Haney Meadows!

Last week, we made the trek to our very favorite place to go camping... Haney Meadows! I have been going there with my family since I was about 7 years old, and with my hubby for the past 8 or 9 years. It is so refreshing to get away from it all! Everything is so perfectly landscaped. Purple lupines spring up around huge, gray boulders. Bright yellow daisies and Indian Paintbrushes brush the sides of the hills. We ride our horses to what feels like the top of the world and gaze at the mountain ranges across this beautiful state. I couldn't help but think of the words of "How Great Thou Art".

O Lord my God
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made
I see the stars
I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout the universe displayed

Then sings my soul
My Savior God to Thee
How great Thou art, How great Thou art
Then sings my soul
My Savior God to Thee
How great Thou art
How GREAT Thou art!

Every time we're up there, my hubby and I say, "How could there NOT be a God who designed this all so perfectly?"



We are fortunate enough to have parents who will still go camping with us, and we had such a wonderful time with them! I'm so thankful that they love being a part of our kids' lives... and that our little ones are so close to them. They were so kind as to even watch Little Miss and the Little Farmer so that all of us could ride a bunch!





Little Miss celebrated her 5th
birthday, learned how to ride her bike (on a hill full of ruts)
without training wheels, and even rode her little horse, Boo, all by herself! And as always, she did a wonderful job helping us take care of her little brother.




The Little Farmer has NEVER been dirtier, or happier, for that matter! He was covered in dust from head to toe each and every day. He got up at 5 every morning, not wanting to miss a thing. That's male bonding time, ya know. Dad and Papa would light the fire, head down to the meadow looking for elk, cut up firewood, etc...


I'm blown away at how quickly a week can pass by... and am already looking forward to revisiting this beautiful place next summer, Lord willing. I savor memories we have made there over the years and am always thankful for the new ones!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! I really do miss camping. I grew up going almost every weekend, but J' isn't into it. :( Looks like you are making some amazing memories together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lots of fun! I love the part you wrote about your little guy getting up at 5 for male bonding time... our little guy wakes up at 5 every morning happy, happy, and ready to go out the barn with Daddy... must be that male bonding time. Both of our little guys obviously have summer farmer in their blood! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby... seriously, a farmer who won't go camping? Maybe once your family is totally into horses, he'll be forced to go camping!:)

    Tessa... aren't you so glad that they have dads who are willing to deal with the 5am thing?! Mom really isn't into entertaining at that hour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO true. Thank goodness their dads have farmer in them too. Mama needs her rest. :)

    ReplyDelete