Every October, we spend a week with my mom's side of the family at hunting camp. We look forward to it as a great camping trip and if there are deer in camp, well, that's a bonus. Aside from the births of our two kiddos, I've NEVER seen my husband more excited than he was this past week. He got his first buck... a nice 3x3. I probably sound like a strange sort of wife right now, but it was actually quite endearing to see all the guys in this hunting camp help with packing the deer out, skinning it, and what not. They're SO excited for whoever got the deer, they all pitch right in and join in on the process... and it really is quite the process! I have to say that it's about the nicest bunch of campers. Camping neighbor, Brian, who isn't even in the family bunch graciously pulled our truck all the way home ---at least five hours--- because we had transmission troubles. Anyway, we enjoyed a great week of camping, riding horse, and lots of dutch oven cooking. On top of that, we're thankful for some good meat for the freezer this year!
NICE!!! Great job, E' on dropping a 3 point. I grew up in a family of avid hunters. My pa shot himself a big ole' elk and deer a few weekends ago....both w/in a day of each other, so he was a HAPPY man, too. Congrats again, and it looks like you had a splendid trip!
ReplyDeleteWow! Terrific job Eric! I am so impressed. That is a HUGE animal. You guys are going to be set in the meat department.
ReplyDeleteHunting camp sounds amazing. My favorite part is hearing your mom tell that she had stocked up on fruit loop necklace supplies. (I am learning not to covet. ;).
Eric says "Thanks!" We did have a wonderful trip!
ReplyDeleteShelby- the hunting thing sure gets in their blood... I can imagine your dad was beyond thrilled! Eric wants to visit him and wants to know if there are any job openings around there.;)
Amy- to be quite honest, I think we actually have the most fun camping when my parents are along. They make it so much fun for the kids as well as for us! Hope we can be half the grandparents they are someday!
Hey Jamie! I didn't know you where a blogger! Sounds like you guys had fun at hunting camp! Good job Eric!
ReplyDelete