Wednesday, August 10, 2011

kids say the darndest things...

I just love how kids say exactly what is on their minds. Last night, I was snuggling with our little lady when she analyzes my face and sweetly states: "Mom, your face is spotted and mine is normal." {side note... those "spots" are freckles.} Though, I have to say that one didn't make me laugh nearly as hard as when we went jeans shopping for her some time ago. As she was pulling a pair up over her legs, she honestly and innocently said, "Mom, the tops of my legs are chunky, just like yours!" Oh my goodness... how can you not burst out into laughter?! But honestly, if such a comment can be sweet or endearing, it was. At 5 and 6, little girls adore their mommies, and she saw nothing wrong with it. It was an observation all her own, and she was just saying it as she saw it.:)

I guess we'll see what lines this little guy comes up with in the next few years... right now it's "ME TOO!" in response to anything and everything we say.


I simply adore these two.:)

3 comments:

  1. This makes me laugh! My lil gal often says these kind of things to me too. :) There is never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! My kids are always saying funny stuff too. We should write it all down so they can read it when they get older!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...my daughter told me the other day that I was just a little bit chubby. :-) Gotta love kids.

    ReplyDelete