Tuesday, October 9, 2012


Now that I have a million things to write about, I have absolutely no time to do so! I seldom have time to sit and do much of anything on the computer other than pay the bills online.:) But since I already did that tonight, folded an insane amount of laundry, and being as my hubby's working nights this week, I'm sneaking in a quick post.:)

Our little lady is in school ALL day every day now... and while I miss her tons, she's loving it and doing so well! Currently, she's our baby boy's absolute favorite person and laughs hysterically (sounds kind of like a cross between an old guy and a machine gun...) when she does pretty much anything. She's going to be doing cheer camp this week (she's SO her Nana's grandchild... her mother has NONE of these interests!)and is beyond excited! When I first asked her why she wanted to do this, assuming she was following suit with her friends, she told me she didn't know if any of her friends were doing it but it would be ok... she'd meet some new ones! How could I say no? She is truly a joy.

Our little farmer is just a kick in the pants...
He is currently obsessed with deer hunting, truck driving, monster trucks and farming. When we move out onto our farm (someday), he's going to have cows and his sister gets to have horses... and these are the things he tells us almost every day.:) He loves riding his John Deere trike (which is rated for 300 pounds... can we say 'overkill' for a trike?) and FLIES on that thing! The other morning, when I was feeling like all I do is get after him, he matter-of-factly said to me, "You the world to me, Mom." I have no idea where he heard this line, but the boy melts my heart!

Onto the littlest... I can't believe that he's almost 6 months old!!! Funny how when I was pregnant, I'd round up in terms of weeks along... but now he's 5 1/2 months old until the DAY he turns 6 months!:) We're all just loving him so much and can't believe that there was a time when we didn't know him or have him in our family. We're so thankful that God did know he was to be a part of our family; he is such a blessing! He LOVES food... he was ready to attack us at the kitchen table at about 4 1/2 months old to get in on the action ~ and he's been chowing ever since.:) And in spite of the absolutely germaphobic mom I am when it comes to my newborn babies, God has been most gracious and given him such good health. (Why do I worry the way I do? God is in complete control and loves him even more than I do...)

I'm so very grateful for what God has given us and thank Him daily for these blessings. I'm so thankful for the health that we enjoy, for blessing us with our home and providing for us to send our little lady to a Christian school... I don't even bother doing the math, because I know it won't work. But God is so good and so faithful in providing for our family... above and beyond anything we deserve. His mercies truly are new each morning!

{photo courtesy of my dear friend, Jenn - Jennifer Morrow Photography}

3 comments:

  1. Your family is beautiful! I loved the update!
    And your comment on my blog about Kyla telling her class that your babes is "nocturnal" really made me laugh. Hilarious! If he really is nocturnal it's a good thing he's SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your update and LOVE the family photo! Such a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture and sure enjoyed your update. It's so hard to imagine that Kyla is old enough for cheer camp ~ and you are right, she does take after her Nana! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete