to be in the mountains
camping with eric
and our two sweet kids
and our two sweet kids
to make breakfast on a griddle...
bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes
all smothered in maple syrup
all smothered in maple syrup
and enjoyed in the sunshine
to ride horse through
mountains, streams, valleys
meadows of lupines
and soft lush grass
to soak in hillsides
covered with indian paintbrush, bright yellow daisies
the smell of sage
and a faint trail
to enjoy time
unhurried, uninterrupted time
with my family
the people i love the most.

...better stop my daydreaming and remember, it's just JANUARY!
Cute post, J'. I'm more of a warm weather gal, too, but the snow is fun for the kids. This weather will pass and soon you will be living the dream again. :) Did you get snow?
ReplyDeleteJamie, you are a poet! You make me want to join you on those trails. Love it.
ReplyDeleteShelby, I actually prefer cold weather... it's just the horse-riding I'm missing!:) And Amy... NO way, sometimes it's just easier than punctuating!:) I'd love to take you on a trailride sometime, though!
ReplyDelete